CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Family Vacation

I haven't blogged in about 3 weeks but with good reason. Here is why....Warning..will be LONG!
On March 25th my family started to arrive at my house for a much needed family vacation. My family doesn't get together as a whole very often so it was great to take some time away from our busy lives. Unfortunately my brother wasn't able to make it so we are still going on almost 4 years of not being together with everyone. My sister Ashley arrived first and we took the extra day to do something for her. I dropped her off at the San Diego Temple so she could do a session while I went to get my hair done. She doesn't get much time for herself so I was glad that she was able to take that time by herself while Jared watched her kids.  The rest of the family arrived that afternoon and we checked into our beach condo and bbqed hot dogs. The plan of attack on our vacation was the Southern California Citypass. For those of you who are not familiar with that it gives you, the citypass includes: 1. Disneyland 3-Day Park Hopper/Disney's California Adventure. 2. One day at Universal Studios Hollywood. 3. One day at SeaWorld 4. One day at either the San Diego Zoo, or the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park.
The San Diego Temple. It's funny to me that they named it that, because it is actually in La Jolla. I guess because it is in San Diego County. My sister took this picture while she was there. Although I am not LDS I appreciate the beauty of this building.

March 26th we all woke up to start our theme park marathon. We started the trip with the SD Zoo. It was really fun to see all the animals and watch the kids. Here are some highlights of the day.
 
Hungry Red Kangaroo's
Sleepy Lions
Cute Fluffy Monkeys
Brand New Baby Panda's
Baby Giraffe
Snuggle time with the love of my life
Sleeping Koala's
Vicious Camel's! haha just kidding it was yawning
Mr. Mom Uncle
Elephant Pedicure's
Make shift shade hats out of Bamboo and palm bark. The kids stole his hat
Hanging out with a seal
And a family photo!

March 27th we head to SeaWorld. What fun that was!!! 
Group shot
Feeding the bat ray's...
And having one SOAK Jourdon when it took his fish.
Sealion's live show.
Sitting in the Shamu Soak Zone
Pets Rule!
What day isn't complete without a Shipwreck Rapid's ride? We got so wet!

Feeding the Penguin's
This little guy was such a poser haha
3D glasses are fun
A late night ride down Atlantis topped off the day.
Very happy after the drop
I love my sisters. Glad they went with me on Atlantis.

March 28th was a day we chose to relax. We decided to take the kids to the beach & pool at the condo.  
Jared with his new buddies. The kid's love him
 
Charlie and his buddy. The are pier local's
Playing in the waves
Wave Jumping
Jared throwing the kids in the pool.
The Coy fish at the condo.

March 29th: Disneyland!
The kids holding hands into ToonTown. So cute
Minnie's house
What Disneyland adventure is complete without a trip through It's a Small World?
How true are these words. Thanks Disney!
This was my favorite part of the day. Listening to Ethan laugh to almost tears because he was driving.
Never lose the kid at heart!
And of course the fireworks!

March 30: California Adventure!
C: For Courtney!
California Adventure entrance. (That park used to be a parking lot, Crazy!)
The Monster's Inc. Ride was so cute.
Bug's life 4D show is the best!
Jared made his own annimation cartoon.
Speaks for it's self ;)
To top off the night..The electrical parade.
How creepy does the tower of terror look with the moon above it?

March 31: We cleaned..Packed...and moved my stuff out of my house into storage.

April 1: Universal Studios!
A Beautiful clear view of Downtown Los Angeles. It's never this clear lol
The beautiful walkway
The group shot minus Dad
This was my sexy burger man!
The fast and the furious cars were so cool
This guy was HUGE
Waterworld Show.
It was incredible!
I loved this monkey. I wanted to take him home.
Jared getting eaten by Jaws..Just like his childhood picture of Universal Studios



We are a hot Couple
I love this picture of my sister and I
What a great day!

April 2: Last day of Disneyland
The famous Jungle tour. The tour guy what very whitty haha
Critter Country...Do you know who these people are? I fear that Splash Mountain is about to be taken out because know one knows the story of Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, and Brer Fox. While we were there Brer Bear came out and everyone was like "Oh look.....a...bear.." It was quite sad. Song of the South was a great movie. Everyone knows the song Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah...But I doubt they know it came from that movie.



Taking a ride down this great mountain into the briar patch.
Who can forget Pirates of the Carribean..We had to ride it 4 times because the kid's loved it so much. I didn't mind one bit!
Later in the night we went back into CA Adventure to ride Mickey's fun wheel. It's crazy...I prefer to call it Mickey's wheel of horror! If you've ever seen it..you know what I mean. It's a ferris wheel that has moving carts. WILD!
Another trip into Tomorrow land to ride Autopia one last time. Love this picture!
The group shot! We should have taken it during the day but it was always so crowded.



April 3: Oceanside Harbor & Goodbye



Walking to the end of the divider. Hoping to see some sea creatures.

My sisters are beautiful!
Jourdon running along the sand pipe.
Every year they drain the sand out of the harbor and dump it back over by the Pier. This was when the water was pumping out clear..
Then the sand started coming out and the blackness came :)
Three Sisters.

We had such a great family vacation as you have seen a small glimpse of.
I hope that we can do it more often and this time include my brother Greg who couldn't make it.
Thank you Ashley, Brittney, Mom & Dad, for making the trip even though it was costly for you.
Much Love!

No comments: