CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ambitious Mountain Adventure.

In my journey of getting healthy being home has been very helpful. What better place to be outdoors and active than the country? Every single day since I have been home I have been trying to do some form of exercise. Not being so stressed like I was in California has really helped. I am really embarrased to tell you all this but I will...You all saw how much of a gym rat I became..I went to the gym at least 6 days a week for a couple hours at a time. But I had absolutely no progess besides gaining weight. At my heaviest point I was 200 pounds. When I found out that news, I left the hospital, sat in my car and just cried!!! I never want to be that fat and even though I was trying to change it..All that was showing was getting bigger and bigger because of stress. Now that I am home and have had time to myself and relax I have lost 14 pounds. I am having a hard time when I work out because of the altitude. Whenever I get my heart rate up, my head starts to pound and I litterally can not take in air it feels like. But I continue to push and try. I am constanty reminding myself of Bob Harper, and what he tells his contestants on the Biggest Loser. There is a sign that hangs in the gym that says "Stand up and finish what you started!" It sounds silly but it really has helped me keep going. I don't want to quit and I never want to be 200 pounds again!  I have been taking walks, runs, rollerblading, exercise dvd's, biking, and I even bought me one of these awesome machines....
An Ab Circle!!!! It really does work!! All you need is 3 minutes a day on it and let me tell you, if you are doing it right you feel it a minute in. I usually do 3 minutes of the ab part, 3 minutes of the buns and thighs, and then I do as many push ups as I can on it. It's wonderful. The other day I told my sister that I wanted to hike up to Intermittent Spring. She came up to Afton and we called my Brother to see if he wanted to go with and he suggested that we biked up there. I had no idea how far it was so I said sure lets do it.  We left the house and started our journey up the mountain. Come to find out later it's a 5 mile trip up hill before you get to the parking lot to hike. I had to stop a few times and guzzle water so I didn't pass out but I kept going and I am so proud that I did it. When we got to the top we hiked the 20 minutes to the spring and spent some time taking in the beauty. The avalanche isn't melted off because it's too early in the year. The 10 mile ride was nothing it seemed like for Greg. He was all gung ho lets go attitude, while Brittney and I struggled a bit. haha Ok I struggled a lot. We have never biked in the mountains so it was a big accomplishment for us. I took some essential oils that my sister sells and it really helped so I wasn't sore the next day. My next goal...Hike up to the star before I move to Montana..Anyone else with me?
Brittney & Greg taking a breather.
Stopped to watch the fish jump in the pond
Beautiful Shawnee Falls
Looking at Intermittent Spring
Siblings.
YAY. we made it to the top
This dog followed us forever and left it's owner in the dust.
Feeling very happy that I made it to the top
The Avalanche
It set it..Holy Crap I just biked and hiked up a mountain! Are you kidding?!

Brittney filling up her bottle with spring water
The other side of the avalanche had a peek of green
Pictures don't do it justice of just how high it is
Greg
Biking back down.

 

1 comment:

Kim and Melissa said...

Wow, nice job! You are very ambitious! You should be so proud of yourself! :)