CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Baby I'm home...

The fight seems to be dragging on as we unpatiently wait for Jared's release from the Marine Corps. The days drag on as we are a part. I started to grow very restless of the day that we could be together and not have to feeling like it was fight or flight with every day that we are in the Marines. It seemed that every single time I spoke with Jared some new issue had come up and there was that one other thing keeping us apart. We still are in the fight to get the purple heart that we feel he deserves. Although he did not loose a limb or anything, he has permenant damage that he can't fix. Jared is jumping through hoops to get the right people to write letters and sign the right things so he can get approved. Luckily in his retirement papers its states that his injuries were in fact combat related so I think that will help our case.  We just need them to finish putting in his paperwork for a new EAS (End of Active Service) date and then we will be golden.

May 20th: My sister and I had a plan to go to Idaho Falls and look for an apartment for her. We got up early so we could spend the whole day there, and right before I left the house I looked at our bank account so I knew just how much money I could spend for the day. I never just look at the number and then log out, I always look at every individual transaction. I noticed a few transactions in Las Vegas so I looked a little further...sure enough....a paper trail. Barstow CA, Las Vegas NV, Fillmore UT....I knew righ away that Jared had to be on his way home. I had trouble talking with him that week, he would shut off his phone or make up some crazy story not to have conversation. It all made sense now why he was avoiding me. Jared has a very very very hard time surprising me. He either gives it away or he just tells me flat out in the begining, so just not talking to me was much easier for him. I tried calling and no answer, so I planned to just go to Idaho and not worry about it. When I made it to Thayne Jared finally called me back. He said that "his phone was acting up"  and he needed me to stay close to a fax all day long for further "paperwork" that they needed me to sign. I knew all along that he was coming home so I had no problem staying home for the day to be with him. Afterall it had been almost 2 months since I had seen him. So Brittney and I sat...and waited...and waited...and waited...It only should have taken him 5 hours from the last transaction location so I couldn't figure out why he wasn't showing up.  I didn't want to ruin his surprise since he never really gets to have that with me so I didn't ask what was going on. I was getting frustrated though. 8:00 pm rolls around and Jared still had not shown up so finally I called him. He wouldn't answer so I left a nasty message. He then text me to say that he had gone to a movie and had forgotten to call. I text back and said "oh really?! then who are you with because it doesn't take 12 hours to get from Utah to home." He didn't reply. I ate dinner with my family and then drove back to Afton to go to bed. I was so angry at that point that I really didn't care if he showed up or not. Right as I turned to drive up the road to his mom's house Jared calls. He asked me where I was and so I told him. Then I looked in the rearview mirror and he was right behind me.  He wasn't happy that his surprise was ruined when I told him that I knew all day long of his return. I was still angry but I was also very relieved that he was home. The best thing of all of it...his surprise that he did keep secret! HE NEVER HAS TO GO BACK! Apparently he found out his eas date weeks before his return home and managed to keep it a secret. He kept telling me story after story to throw me off and he felt bad that I was so upset and he was making me that way. He would have been home earlier but he blew a tire on the tow trailer 18 miles outside of Ogden Utah. He ended up sitting on the side of the road for several hours waiting for rescue.

Now we start into our new life...Put our things in storage, find a home, start school, and find a job. I don't know if I am ready for this in a way, but no matter what it is coming. Hooray for Jared being home!!

No comments: