CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

Do what you LOVE, and Love what you DO!

I have wanted to be hairstylist ever since High School. I love the creativeness and fun envoirment that you call a job. If I had the money for it when I went to school for nails I would have started with hair. Well now that Montana is our new home and the Marine Corps no longer has control, I can finally pursue what I want to do. First off...find the right school..that is what led us to Bozeman. Second..try to get into the school...ooohhh this one was tough because I wasn't like a normal student. I already had 400 hours so I needed them to transfer. PLUS I had to write an essay which was no easy. After all of those things were done I had to have an interview to see if they even wanted me at their facility.  I would like to share my entrance essay with everyone because it took me months to write.

“Do what you love and love what you do.” This phrase comes to mind when I think about a career in Cosmetology. For years I’ve dreamt about having an exciting career in this field and it drove me to learn everything available about it. I have done everything I can to be surrounded with people who are involved in this art form. In the art of beauty care, a person who does cosmetology can turn hair into a work of art. After all, women always want to feel like they are beautiful and cosmetologists can help them achieve that goal in some form or another.



Where do you begin looking when it comes to the beauty industry? At first it was all very overwhelming, everywhere I turned was an information super highway. I looked to the professionals to help answer my questions, I spoke with every stylist I could about their job. Later, I enrolled into cosmetology school as a manicurist, to kick off my career. I was so eager to take in everything that was being said no matter what the topic was. I wanted to know about techniques, salary, where the jobs could take me, benefits, really anything I could. After completing my course of study, I found myself working at a professional hair care company. The founder, who was a hair stylist himself, helped me more than ever to get my answers. He made me dream about owning a salon and taught me the value of your clients. It suddenly became not just about a job, but a desirable business that has potential to make a lot of money doing what I love. The job benefits isn’t the only thing that makes me feel good, it’s making someone else feel good about themselves that makes it all worth it for me.


I want a school that will provide me with advanced one on one training. Every advancement I make is one step closer to my goal as stylist. If the school offers a master stylist program I would love to work to be involved with that. I know that you should never stop your thirst for knowledge, and the way styles change; this field will forever keep me hungry. I have a short term goal of completing school and taking a foundations class with the company I used to work with. Further from that goal is a salon that I one day want to open. Celebrating the small victories makes the big goals seem not so far out of sight.


I feel that I would be a good candidate for your school, because I am very focused and determined to become a stylist. I am very passionate about this career choice and the excitement I get from being in this industry drives me to learn more. I have researched endlessly for the last year of my life to find a school that I feel would be good fit for me. Upon finding your school and touring the facility, I realized that your school is a perfect fit for me. I hope that you find interest and consider me as a future student.

After tackling that monster, I called the school about turning it in. Apparently the information I was relying on from their website was wrong and she said that if I wanted to get into the August class I would have to come up with all of the entrance fee's within 24 hours. She wouldn't mind pushing me into the class but she was worried about the money for me, because that was like $2,230. I too was worried, but tried to find a way. Just as I was starting to loose hope, Jared came home with a letter that we had recieved our money from the Marines from moving. YAY! It was a miracle. It's funny how things just work out like that sometimes. I went in for the interview the following tuesday and after about 2 hours of meeting with Charity I was ACCEPTED into school. I start on August 3rd and will officially be a Hairstylist in training. I am very excited. :)

No comments: