CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

4th of July

I'm EXTREMELY late with this post. We just barely got internet in our new house so I have a lot of catching up to do. This past 4th was a little hard for me, usually for the 4th while we were in California, we would go to the Whitehouse family party. It was really sad to not be able to go, I miss them so much!  This 4th was special for Jared though because it was the first time in his life that he really cared about it's meaning. He understood and cared while he was in the Marines but he could never celebrate the way that he wanted to. So because it was the first year that he was out of the service, could celebrate, and know that he helped be a part of the reason why we have the 4th; He wanted to make the fireworks HUGE! That morning Ryan, Mckenna, and him drove to Billings to the indian reserve to get the pyrotechnics. I didn't think they would be gone all day so I didn't go with. Well I ended up being left alone the ENTIRE day so I was not happy when he got back. We had a BBQ in the backyard, played some rockband, and waited until it was dark enough to shoot them off. We had a pretty good view from our house of the fairground firework display so we didn't try to go fight the crowd to see them. Well when we were ready to light off ours, it began to rain. We only lit off a few of them because of the rain and decided to light the rest off the next day so it wouldn't be so miserable. We found a pond a couple of blocks from our house so we chose that location for the launch spot. I hope everyone had a great day! God Bless America!
Mckenna and I

Lighting the fuse.


This one is definately my Favorite

No comments: