CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

For the last 3 or 4 years the superbowl has been Aweful! It just causes a fight, or something goes wrong. So this year I decided to not give it that option again by watching the game. So Jared left to go to a friends on base and I stayed home with the birds for a bit and then met up with a friend. I used to love to watch the game (that is the only game of the year I could stand), but after all the bad times I didn't think it was worth the frustration. So Kate and I went to Point Loma, Cabrillo National Park, Sunset Cliffs, and out to dinner at Bj's Brewery. It was the best Super Bowl I have had in YEARS!

Downtown San Diego

We ran across this military cemetary..It looks like a mini Arlington. It was very emotional for me. Especially the sight of the flag. (click on it to make it bigger, You can see it a lot better)

The graves ran for miles and over looked the ocean. It was beautiful.

Cabrillo National Park.

Old Glory

The Cabrillo Monument at the top of the hill.

Enjoying my day

 I see Mexico...

The lighthouse on the hill


How amazing is this?!

At Sunset Clifs

If you make the picture bigger you can see a little black spec in the water..Yeah that was a surfer. CRAZY!

The waves were Giant. It's high tide and whale watching week, plus with the storms brewing it has been making fishing bad, and the wave's beasts. They would rush in and pound against the cliffs, then it would mist over us. It was pretty neat. You have to be careful though on these cliffs, they are pretty high and people have been jogging along there when it gave way. They couldn't find them. But it really is the perfect spot for the sunset. Hence the name I suppose :)

Thanks Kate for a great Superbowl Sunday!




3 comments:

Natayle Brown said...

Court, your pictures are beautiful. I need to get a nice camera like that! You'll have to let me know what kind it is. I feel like I get a new semi-decent camera every year and waste my money. Looks like an awesome superbowl Sunday. And Jared is a sweetheart- you are lucky!

Denise said...

You look beautiful! And your pictures are amazing too. The ocean is so pretty and you did an amazing job capturing awsome pictures!

Karri Warren said...

First of all, I have to say DANG GIRL. You are beautiful. I love your hair so long. :) Secondly, thank you for all the comments that you post to my blog. I look forward to them all the time. :) They just make me all warm inside. :) 3rdly, I love the camera, I want the camera. lol. :)