CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

I hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day! Ours was pretty fun! We didn't put a lot into the hype of "Love is in the air...buy chocolates & flowers" thing. We did get a small box though because our sweet tooth just couldn't resist lol. Instead we wanted to do something a little more outdoors. So I took Jared to Cabrillo National Park (That is where I went for the Superbowl!)

Our day started out with some of these.
They are Creme crepes topped with strawberry glaze and fresh raspberries. Yum!

After this Yum-o breakfast we loaded in the car and ended up in Point Loma. I took Jared to the Ft. Rosencrans Cemetery that I previously posted about. I had a very prideful feeling when I went with Kate but it magnified when I went with Jared. We spent more time there than I did before, we took the time to read the plaques and just take in the somber proud feeling we had. I am so grateful for Jared and all of those 50,000 service members that rest there. The sad part...that is only one of several of those types of cemeteries.

We then traveled up the road to Cabrillo National Park. We had gone the day before but we didn't make it there until about 25 minutes before the park closed. So since we came early on Valentines we were able to take the time to see everything. One of the most amazing sights that day was how many sailboats were on the water! There were also two "pirate" ships, it was really cool. We had a blast looking at the lighthouse and wandering around at the tide pool.






After our adventure at Cabrillo we went to dinner at the Brigantine in Point Loma. We had a small meal of Potatoe skins and Mahi Mahi fish taco's. Jared had never had fish tacos before, so I wasnt about to let him leave California without trying one. It was really fun, it was a break from the normal steak and potatoes type of fancy holiday meals.

Best part of our low key day..I got to spend it with the one I love most.

No comments: