CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

February

My goodness..it's already February!
Didn't we just start the new year?
We have been so busy that the month of January has just slipped by us.
It's getting really pretty here in Southern California, after all the rain we recieved a couple of weeks ago. 
Some hills are turning a beautiful shade of green, others are completely purple (covered with flowers of course!) 

As anxious as I am to get away from our situation in life..I will miss the beauty that this place holds. You have to look past the concrete Jungle of it to really see what is there but it's truly there and I have enjoyed it very much over the last 4 years. Look at what I mean..


This little beauty grows between my garage, and Jared's. It smells wonderfully.


I will definately miss the ocean. I love the smell of the breeze and the mist on your face. I love the sand in my toes and sunsets that remind us to be quiet and take it all in.


These cute little purple/pink flowers grow along the hill next to the ocean. There wasn't a single spot that didn't have this foliage.


In a strange sense these tumbled rocks from the ocean are very beautiful. It's amazing how something that was once very jagged and rough such as rocks and glass, can be tossed in the ocean for a while and then come back out perfectly smooth and rounded. One of lifes blessings I guess..it kind of makes you think that your life can be the same as these rocks.You get thrown into tough situations and you are very rough around the edges at first while you are learning to deal. But then once it's all over you have become rounded and a professional at the obstacle that was once very hard. At least I want to think of my situation with the Marines that way. Jared and I have both changed a lot..but we have come out of this as much better people. Things that never meant anything to me..means so much now. I had to be strong and grow up very quickly. But after our meltdown the other day I can come out of it with a much better perspective. We have been so blessed and I am looking at that in a better light.
Remember your blessings and don't take the small things for granted. :)

3 comments:

Kaylee and Phil said...

It is beautiful!! Maybe I need to take a vacation and come your way!

Kim and Melissa said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! My husband is in San Diego right now for meetings for his job and I am so jealous. I have always loved California and think it is so pretty. That is awesome that you are staying so positive and looking at all the beautiful things around you. I love the metaphor about the rocks :)

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Very well said!! I think you are both wonderful people! <3