CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Chest of Drawers

For the last, Oh I don't know, 6 years of my life. I have not had a dresser to put my clothes in. When I was  in high school I had a king size water bed that had the drawers for my clothes around the base. When I was like a junior I moved out, came back, changed rooms, and since then I have been putting my clothes in plastic organizer bins at the bottom of my closet. Jared HATED that I did this, and always wanted a dresser. But being poor newlyweds with no space in our tiny apartments for one, we just made do with what we had. Well this last weekend I was folding laundry in my bedroom and was imagining moving stuff around and throwing things out. I called Jared into the room and told him my thoughts and he jumped on the idea that he could finally get a dresser Imediately. We went to furniture stores to check on prices and of course they were way out of our budget. I thought to myself "Hey we could check Ikea!" I had never been to Ikea but everyone always told me how nice and cheap everything was. So we looked online and when we shampooed our carpets on Sunday, we took a trip to San Diego while the floors dried, to look at what they had. We fell in love with one of them and walked out the store with it. Of course it was a flat pack so that made it cheaper! It's always fun when some assembly is required though and Jared and I can put it together...well together.  Here is our brand new Chest of Drawers and we are so excited about it! It's making my bedroom smell like fresh cut wood too so that is a plus.

Luke came by to help move our house back into place and pitched in for a minute.


He was angry because the instructions weren't very helpful

Finally finished with clothes inside. I love it!

3 comments:

Jake and Sagan said...

that's such a pretty dressor? how much was it? i really want to go to IKEA in denver!

Natayle Brown said...

i love it! i love browsing through ikea... sometimes we just make that our saturday and walk through there. there are some things i would never buy - but other things are awesome deals! we bought both our entertainment center and our coffee table there - and they are both that antique stain that your dresser has. yay for getting new furniture! i love it!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Ohhhh I love, love, love IKEA. Their cinnamon rolls are to die for too! IKEA is all around greatness!