CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh July...Where have you gone?

It seems like it was just the other day that we were starting into the month of July and preparations for the 4th were underway. Looking back I never told about our 4th or anything. So I am going to back up a little bit and then later I will do just a picture post.

Because the 4th of July fell on a saturday this year, and seeing as it's a paid holiday, I was given friday the 3rd off to make up for it. It was so nice! Well the San Diego fair was in progress and we only had until the 5th to go. (It had been going on the entire month of June and we went right before it ended.) We have lived here for 3 years and we never would go every year so I made Jared go with me because I wanted to see how the city folks celebrate a fair. *Cows are big deals to them remember hahaha* It was crazy! there were so many people there and of course you have to pay to park and even get into the fair. Lucky for us we went the night of the monster truck rally and it was free so that was a fun event to take part in. We had a few hours before we needed to take our seats so we walked through the booths with the cows, chickens, turkeys, pigs, llamas, rabbits, and goats. It was so funny listening to some of the people talk about the animals like they were from another planet or something. There was one city girl...dumbest girl ever....She was taking pictures of her friends in front of cows and then she said " Is this really a cow?" sad thing was...she was dead serious and her friends starting making fun of her. Yeah I laughed pretty hard. When we went to the truck rally we had to get ear plugs for Jared because he can't take noise any louder than 100 decibles and the trucks rank at about 180 or more. He would have been puking every where otherwise. It was so fun to watch though.. The second truck of the night jumped and lost it's tire..It went flying across the arena and almost rolled out the other side. Great entertainment! After that we had some chocolate covered bacon and walked around more booths. The only ride I wanted to go on was the ferris wheel because everyone told me how cool it was to get on it and look over the ocean. You don't get that sight in Star Valley so I wanted to see. Again we had to pay for the ride so it ended up to be like $10 for one ride. Crazy! It really was amazing though. I enjoyed it. By that time of night we were running out of cash and all of the food vendors were over priced so we went to In N Out and had some burgers. For both of our meals it was still cheaper than the price of one at the fair. While we were there we saw a few drunk men dressed up in Kilts. It was funny, definately not your everyday site here.

Our 4th was really good. My bestie Jamie invited us over to her house to celebrate with her family. What a great day! We swam & played volleyball in the pool, BBQ'ed of course, sat in the Spa, and later that evening we went and watched the firework display. I always tear up to those, especially when they put them to music and they always put that sad song where it has the kids sending their dad a video letter while he is in Iraq. I guess just because I know how it feels and how hard that situation is. I'm a little bitter patriotic baby lol. Even though I am bitter about the military it has changed my life and I am deeply touched by things that I never would be before. I made Jamie cry twice that day hahaha she hated me for a split second. It breaks our hearts that I am leaving so she gets teary when we talk about it. After the fireworks we got some carne asada fries *YUM* and went back to our house to play some video games until wee hours of the morning. It was a great day!

The 5th we just kind of hung out and made a big "last meal" for Jared since he went into surgery in the morning. Poor guy still hasn't been able to eat. It's not fair because he is loosing weight like a beast so I keep teasing him that I need to just get my jaw wired shut or the lap band system around my stomach! he doesn't think i'm funny.

Well this posting is the longest posting ever so I hope that you have all had a great summer this far and I will be in touch with blogs ;)

1 comment:

Natayle Brown said...

I love reading on your blog. Your new layout is super cute too. Man, I never comment enough! I always read everything but forget to comment...

Anyhow, I am jealous that you went on a Ferris wheel ride over the beach. And, our beach is NEVER that packed, except on a big event like the 4th of July. Gotta tell ya - west coast beach is a lot prettier :)

Seems like we live similar lifestyles - just 4,000 miles apart ha ha. Where are you guys moving to? And your license plate and frame is super-stinkin-cute! Ha ha, long comment on a long post. :)