CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dismissed for lack of prosecution...

Yup readers...the title says it all! Court went very well, Here is the story.
I left work around noon so that I would have plenty of time to get there and wait until called into trial. I was freaking out pretty bad so I pulled out my awesome iphone and played a little bit of bewjeweled to calm my nerves...and by george it was working.....Until.....The unhappy indian man sitting next to me felt that he had to talk and complain about how bad and stupid our country was. I was so annoyed and gave him pretty much every sign I could in a polite way for him to see that I wasn't interested in chatting. At last..the doors flew open and the baliff walked out to call us in. Yes! Wait NO! the nerves came back and we were marched into the large room with at least 20 police man on the right side of the room. We sat down and paper work was passed around. The small but boisterous baliff continued to tell us what to do and what was about to happen to us all. The clerk entered and started to call roll call. She would call our names and the cop that pulled us over. If the police man didn't answer then we were to stand up and move to the first two rows of the court room. I was the last one to be called, out of around 30 people. I loudly said "Present" and waited for the call of the cop. Nothing. WAHOO! I stood up and moved to the front of the room but still remained stressed and nervous. We were told to stand up to be sworn into court and had to tell the reason for our ticket. Then the judge entered. We all were seated and she started to read names from a small stack of papers...it was "us" the small group fortunate ones whom did not have a cop present. she read off everyone but me, my heart began to race and that small panic was creeping back. The clerk had my paper still and had forgotten to give it to the judge. The judge looked at my paper and read my name..then said "Charges dismissed for lack of prosecution!"
I breathed a sigh of relief and had to sit anxiously while the others stood pleading their case. It was so scary...I hate being in trouble for anything! After what felt like forever the bailiff handed me my paper and said you are free to go. I took my paper and walked out of that court room proud!
Thank you Mellisa for calling the cop and telling him not to come ;) Your the bestest friend ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is super exciting news!!!

Anonymous said...

ha...I know. I find sometime to get some blogging in and end up going crazy. ha