CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not My Idea Of A Saturday Night!

So I hope that everyone had a great weekend! Ours started out pretty uneventful, Friday night I went to the gym on my way home from work. Jared didn't meet me there like usual because he was helping his friend with some tires. They were trying to shine up the rims and make them presentable to resale. Well if you had seen the tires then you would see that is was a forever long project but they did a good job. By the time I got home they were both in the garage with Grease up to their elbows. Both of them had big smiles on their faces..something about a garage just makes them feel so manly! :) I didn't want to interupt the bonding time so I went upstairs and hung out with Tico (My bird). We made a batch of baked french fries and played a couple levels of the game Little Big Planet. (Completely cracked out game but so fun for any age!)


Saturday morning Mellisa came and picked me up and we went to her salon so I could get my hair dyed. It was beyond needing it...I had regrowth about an inch and it was faded so badly! We did easter design toe nails and then she left about 3 so she could head to work. Jared and I bought a pot rack so we assembled that on the wall and then his friend left. Finally..first time alone since the weekend began and it was already 5 pm. We got into the car and was headed for the gym and to buy a new toaster when it all started. I got a small pain in my chest out of nowhere. About a minute later it happened again but worse and then it consistantly kept coming for about 2 hours. At didn't work out the gym because some of the pain brought me to tears. After the workout I told Jared that I was still having bad pains and he decided that I needed to go to the hospital.


At 7:00 pm we walked into the Emergency room and signed in. They ended up taking my vitals and putting me on the EKG machine to monitor my heart to see if there were any abnormalties. After I was finished they wanted to make sure that I wasn't pregnant because they needed to send me over to X-rays. Then after that I was hooked up to another heart montior for another hour or so. Turns out that my chest wall is inflammed and they aren't sure of the cause but apparently it could be several things. We were released from the hospital at 10 that night, with medication in hand to help with the pain and swelling. They said it should take about a week for both to be gone. Not very fun but I'm glad that it wasn't anything more serious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang...that would be super scary. I'm not going to lie when you said they had to check if you were pregnant I got really excited for you! :)

*Cam* said...

Gooodness girl!!! That is scary!!!

I was thinking the same thing as Sarah....I thought you were telling us all you were pregnant! haha

Hope you're feeling better!!

Natayle Brown said...

Wow Courtney that doesn't sound very good. I am glad that everything turned out okay though! I admire your dedication to the gym. I HATE going.