CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Date Night

Date night is a pretty common thing among couples, but Jared and I only did it once in a great while. Mainly special occasions. Well this year one of our "couple's" resolutions was to go out on a date night at least twice a month. That way it doesn't get to expensive but we have time to go out and have a good time.

Yesterday afternoon I left work early so I could go to base for my new military id. I was supposed to get a new one in October when the old one expired (because we would have been out of the marines then) but I have been so busy at work that I never had the time. I figured 3 months later was long enough. I wanted to keep my old id so bad because of the sentimental value it held for me, but they make you turn them in. The girl who was helping me was really sweet though and she said no like she was supposed to. I told her that I just wanted to scrapbook it and her response was, "well we can cut out the picture if you want but that is all we can let you have" haha the picture is definately not the point of why I wanted it. As she was laminating my new one she said "scrapbooking huh? I enjoy scrapbooking but I'm not very good at it" I said "yeah me too, that is why I am so bummed that I can't keep the id." Then she winked at me, slid my old id behind the new one, and then sandwiched it in between my drivers license.
THANK YOU JRC LADY!

After getting the ID (an hour and a half later of just waiting) Jared and I went to Johhny Rocket's for dinner. We had only eaten there once in Hollywood and it was the worst dining experience we have ever had. But they just built one on base and we thought we would give it another chance. They are running a promotion for a spicy burger called the Houston. The manager was our waiter, and he felt so bad that they ran out of jalepeno's he gave us free malts because we had to choose something different from the menu. He definately redeemed this place for us!


 On our way home we saw the worst accident I have seen in a long time. On one of the streets next to the left turn light there was a 7 car pile up. And I mean PILE UP! They were litterally on top of each other. The cop had just arrived so traffic hadn't gotten bad yet. Then I turned left onto College Blvd and not even a half a mile away..ANOTHER 4 car pile up! Same as the other one, but it happened a bit before because cops, ambulance, fire truck, everyone was there already and traffic  was getting Horrible. Good thing it was going the opposite way of me. It was so bizzare to see that same type of accident so close to each other. Crazy California Drivers! When we got home we changed and rushed back out the door to go see this..

 What a cute show! It was refreshing to see Disney trying to go back to their roots. They included singing...and a lot of it...something I haven't seen them do in a LONG time. But it was fun, you should go see it.

That concludes our date night number 1.
Thanks hubby, I Love You xoxo



2 comments:

Kim and Melissa said...

How fun! I love date nights!

Denise said...

I love it! I think that Kevin and I need to start that...we haven't had a date without Erika since she was born. Sounds like you had a blast though!