CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day.


Why do we say Happy Veterans day?  Because for some..it's not a happy day at all?  I feel so incredibly blessed that there are men and woman out there that are willing to fight for my freedom and our country. And for all of those that lost their lives doing it. I remember growing up and the schools tried to teach us the importance of veterans by having assemblies for them. I hated those assemblies. And forever it was ingraved in my mind that a veteran was someone that was old. I believed this to be true until my 20 year old husband went into combat and was hit by a roadside bomb. I then realized the importance of the veterans as soon as I hung up the phone from hearing that word. My husband was a veteran and my hero...just like everyone else in the armed forces that are risking it all for ME and YOU.  I am have found a different appreciation for pride, country, military, and self over the last 4 years that we have spent in the marine corps. So please take some time today to remember..reflect...and thank someone that is serving in your armed forces.



Hugs Before Jared Left for Iraq


Our first hug in 7 1/2 months when he returned home.

1 comment:

Crazy In Love said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminder. We are so grateful that Jared is OK.