CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Excitement, Sadness, and Exhaustion..Global Connection 2009!

Global Connection 2009...Where to begin! For many of you that have no clue what I am talking about..It's the Eufora International annual Hair show. I have been employed with Eufora for almost a year now and when I started it was right after the hair show took place so I was super excited to experience it this year. It took the entire year to plan it out. (600 Hair stylists came to the event) The last two months for me have been so entirely hectic, and stressful, that I have been neglecting other things in my life (such as my blog and the gym) because I am just so tired at the end of the day that all I want to do is eat dinner and go to bed. I did a lot of rolling of clothing for the apparel store, order items, getting them organized and staged to put on the truck, lots of phone calls to vendors, and all of my other daily duties. This year the Event was at the brand new San Diego Hilton Bayfront Hotel. BEAUTIFUL! The show kinda went like this...we worked all week long  the first week of November, then on saturday we all met at the hotel for show setup. Sadly for me..Miss Country girl..I got so stinking lost in the middle of downtown! I have a garmin but because the hotel was just finished being built this January it wouldn't find the address. I was so lost and frustrated that I burst into tears and almost turned around to go home.

 So we set up the whole day on saturday and when everything was finished, some co-workers/friends  and I went out to dinner at the fox grill there at the hotel. Then we went back upstairs to our rooms and I did a set of nails on one of my co-workers and we did deep conditioning treatments in our hair. I just love to pamper and be pampered! We had to be up around 5 am Sunday morning to be all dressed hair and makeup and downstairs for the show at 7. It was so exciting for me because it was my first hair show and I don't even have my license yet. The show kicked off with an amazing runway and cutting presentation and then everyone broke for classes and we sold the nicely rolled apparel (YAY go me!)  We added a nice little surprise into the show at the last minute. There happened to be a Marine Corps Ball in the next room on Saturday night and some of the Marines wanted to come watch the show so bad...Well for our futuristic model section we asked them to march but they weren't getting it. So some marines came in to teach them. We loved the way it looked so much that we decided to include them in the show! It was so awesome and gave you chills when you watched it. It was a great sight for me because it took my military people, and my stylist people, and they interweaved them! haha Jared was able to come down to watch the show. It was so nice for him to experience that with me and I am so thankful that Eufora let him be there. :) That night we had a Studio 54 after party. It was so much fun!!! Jared went shopping while I was working so get a costume. Everyone danced, drank, and Don (the owner and creator of Eufora) sang. Jared had the time of his life..I couldn't have paid him to leave the dance floor haha! that never happens..He didn't even want to dance with me at our own wedding. The Long Island Iced Tea just broke out his disco dancing spirit! The next day the show continued and I was supposed to go back to the office to work. As I was about to leave the hotel I got a call saying that they needed my help and I had to get down stairs ASAP! So it was fun that I got to stay. I am so grateful for the people in this company who teach me something all the time, and it will be very bittersweet when I leave them. I had such a great time! So in about a year or so...I will come back to Global Connection..but this time to experience it as a Stylist!

I know there is a lot but it's the entire runway event!

No comments: