CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Visitors Finally!

April has been a good busy month for us! We have had members from both sides of the family come to visit us, which is always nice. Usually Just Jared's dad comes, he is our most frequent visitor. The beginning of the month Craig (Jared's dad) Will (Jared's brother) and Jared (will's friend) came down for an unexpected visit. They called us around 10:30 in the evening on March 31st and said " we will be at your house at 4:00 am." There wasn't much notice, so we paused our show, got up off the couch and started cleaning up the house. They didn't get there at 4 but it was still early enough. As soon as they walked in the house they crashed on the couch and air matress and I left for work. Craig left the next day because he had to be in Idaho for work on monday and it's a long drive back to his home in seattle to prepare to leave. He left Will and Jared behind to enjoy their spring break with us. It was pretty fun, we took them to downtown San Diego to go shopping and we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. (Pictures will come soon)

After years of begging, my parents broke down and on Thursday they were on their way to see me. I was so excited because it was the first time they have come to visit in CA since I have moved here 3 years ago. Plus I hadn't seen them since December of '07 so it was past time. Unfortunately I haven't been able to take any time off during the week to spend with them since they arrived but they have come to eat lunch with me on friday and then today. We had a fun busy weekend, on saturday we woke up and went fishing off the end of the pier but didn't have any luck catching anything. Then we ate some lunch and took them on a tour of Camp Pendleton to see how Jared and the rest of the marines live life. We stopped at a neat museum on base that had tanks and old vehicles from past wars. The sense of Pride overwhelmed me as I stood there taking pictures. As much as I hate the marines because of the crap they have put us through I can't help but get emotional every single time something patriotic comes along. After our long base tour we went to the harbor at night to see the boats and the lighthouse. We ate fish and chips and headed back to the house to finally fall into bed. On Sunday we got up and got ready to drive to San Diego to go to Seaworld! I just love going to Seaworld, we get one pair of free tickets per year for military thanks to Anheuser busch (Budweiser for those of you who don't know) I have gone every single year that I have been here and I still just love seeing everything over and over! They changed one of the shows and I saw a few things that I never had before so that was fun. we stayed until the park closed at 9:00 and we watched the fireworks that they set off every night at 9:15. So far it's been a fun trip and I love having them here! I will be sad to see them go home this week. I will post pictures of both trips soon, I have been lazy with posting anything!

No comments: