CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Court...I'm Innocent I swear!


So I'm totally late in posting this but A LOT has been going on lately! On superbowl sunday I was pulled over during half time when I was on my way home. I was going 10 mph under the speed limit, paying attention to the beater car next to me, and obeying all traffic laws. I came up on this light and the turn signal was yellow and turned to red as soon as I went through the intersection. I was going straight and the light was very much green! The beater was going about the same speed as me and we went through together. Then out of no where this bike cop pulled me over and said that I ran a red light. He was so mean to me it was terrible! Well of course I couldn't fight with him and so I got a ticket. I felt like crap! I didn't not want to be a "Luwanna" as I call it. *Luwanna was the lady who didn't stop at the stop sign when I had the right-a-way and I hit her driver side door and totalled my car* I sat on the side of the road crying for like an hour and a half. Well court was on April 1st. Well the funny thing about the situation is that one of my best friend's dad is a California Highway Patrol, and the cop that pulled me over is one of his good friends that went to the academy with him.
So I had to take off a half a day of work and head to the court house. Jared met me there for moral support and as soon as you walk in they scan your items and make you walk through a security center like in the airport. Every employee looked at you and treated you like you needed to be cuffed and taken to jail right that second! It was embarrasing! So I waited almost two hours and then went into the courtroom with almost 75 other people there pleading their case and pled not guilty. Now I have a trial on May 18th to fight my wrongfully accused ticket. UGH! Frustrating!

1 comment:

Jennilyn Proulx said...

LAME! I blame the economy. ;) Sometimes you have to wonder if it's even worth the hassle. Good luck with everything!