CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December Overview

Happy Happy Holidays everyone! Did everyone have a fantastic December season and Christmas? I for sure had mixed feelings about this year, up until a few days before christmas, it didn't feel like it was here or that it was that time of year at all.  Let me catch you all up on my December review...

My how busy I have been still, I feel like I don't have time for anything because I piled myself with side projects that I wanted to get done before the holiday. Despite feeling like I am slightly drowning, I have had so much fun with them.  I have officially finished my family vacation dvd that I started back in May. It was getting to the point where I was tweaking it to death and not getting the result I wanted so I had to let it go before I drove myself insane. It was mainly one certain video clip within the video that was giving me trouble. No matter what I did  the audio was slightly off in one part of the clip. After like 3 mock up dvd's I had to let it slide before I ran out of disc's and time. I didn't get the dvd in the mail before christmas but I think it will be a great gift for my family anyway. Here is a picture of the finished result :)
This was the mock up of the dvd case that I made. In the center it had a title bar though.

Since I got my professional camera last year I have been dabbling in photography as a hobby. On December 18th Jared and I drove to Island park to meet Jerri and her Fiance Matt at Aunt Sandra's cabin to take her engagement photo's. Wow! What a beautiful setting! Island Park Idaho had so much snow it was crazy. The way it dusted the tree's that surrounded the cabin though was such a magical sight so to speak. Each flake sparkled so bright. I think the pictures turned out great, and I am so happy for them. When we arrived to the cabin at midnight we had to dig our way in. It was a good 4 feet at least. I love their cabin and I appreciate them so much for letting us use it. Here are a few of the shots I took. The one's with Jared were taken with a cell phone through a windshield so they aren't the greatest.
Beginning the 1 hr 30 min dig into the cabin.
Still workin' on it.
Finally finished.

School has been busy too. There are a few days where we have been super slow, but for the most part I have been keeping busy. I am finally getting a request clientele. It's nice knowing that people like me enough that they want to come back to me. For the Christmas season we were able to wear red and green shirts at school. It was such a nice change from solid black, you have no idea! We also did Avant Garde type style hair aka: Cindy lou who kind of.  Here are some of the fun things I did.
My version of a christmas tree
I thought it turned out pretty good.
The only thing holding the hair is bobby pins and hair spray, and none of it was done with a curling iron. I just molded with my fingers. 

Check this post again soon...I have another fun Avant Garde style to share with you.  


 More to come....


No comments: