CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I spoke too soon..

The day I spoke of my perfect school record...It came crumbling down. The flu had hit me...and hit me hard! It started in my nose and crept it's way to my throat. ICK! I felt so weak it was crazy. It hurt to chewy my gummy vitamins because of how weak I felt. I decided to spend the day in bed and miss school. Not something I wanted to do, but I couldn't have handled the day doing hair in the condition I was in.  Plus it wouldn't be fair of me to go to school and spread the cold around, after all that is how I got the cold. :( So now I sit blogging curled up in my blanket, missing not only one, but TWO days of school. Thank goodness for me though that I am way above my contract so I could afford to miss a few days. Also it's nail week so I am not missing theory either because I couldn't participate anyway. I drugged up on nyquil and slept in until 1:30 trying to kick this nasty virus. If any of you readers are going through this right now I hope that you get better soon and I will send you good thoughts. Please do the same for me ;)

As will all good situations in life there is the bad. We must take them in and see the positive from it. Although I am sick and feel like I have been run over, it has given me the time to get some well needed rest. I feel like I have been going and going and going with no time to stop and recover. I'm sure that added to how I got sick in the first place. It has also given me the chance to catch up on blog reading and posting as well. I didn't get to read everyone's that I missed over the last 3 months, but I read for hours until I was satisfied. I love that blogging is a way to keep in touch with friends and family. It makes you feel closer and more a part of their life if you don't seem them on a daily basis. I for sure am putting that on my thankful list this year.

Speak of being thankful, we might have finally found a plan for the holiday. :) Jared's work gave him a gift certificate for a 12-14 lb turkey with his paycheck this time around. Those buggers get expensive so we were certainly excited about it. We think we might travel to spend thanksgiving with family this year though. (really we just don't want to cook haha)  What is everyone else's plan for turkey day? Let me know!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw this on fb that you were sick I thought of your post saying you hadn't missed any school yet. At least it is just the nail part so you aren't missing out on anything really. I hope you feel better!!

Kaylee and Phil said...

I hope you come!!! I would love to hang out with you. It feels like it's been forever already!

Jamie said...

Awww you poor thing! :( Being sick is one of the worst feelings ever, I hope that you get better soon! But I am glad that you got to take a break from your hectic schedule and relax a little bit..

Well, you probably already know what my family is going to do for Thanksgiving... we do it every holiday lol! Get together and party! yay! :) I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving girly