CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Creepy Crawlies!

So as most of my readers have heard on facebook and myspace, we have a bad spider problem! On the 26th of July we had taken our captured black widow to the office to show them just how big the spider was and how dangerous that is if it was to bite you in your sleep or something. We have black widows near our garages and so we cleaned everything out, gotten rid of all the webs, and they maintenance guy came and sprayed around them while we were outside. Plus it was a good chance for us to go through all of our things and throw out what we no longer wanted. Mike at the front office put us on the list to get our house fumigated on the 30th. So we tore our house upside down, moved all of the furniture to the middle of the room, took down Tico's cage and moved it to the garage, and basically did everything we could to prepare for the fumigators. That process took us about 4 hours on Wednesday night.
Torn apart house.
Tico Slept in our room like this for 2 days
So thurday morning I loaded Tico up and took him to work with me. He did such a great job. Since he is so shy he didn't say anything all day and he was really friendly with everyone. He just hung out on the filing cabinet beind me all day. Took a nap, ate some grapes, danced for everyone. Good day! Everyone at the office enjoyed him, some even said that he should come everyday.



We get home and put the house back together. It took us two days to get Tico's cage back together because we bought new flooring to put underneath it so he can be out of the cage and poop without getting anything on the carpet. Then we go to the office on Sunday to put in another maintenance request and they inform us that the fumigators didn't even come!! We were so mad because we spent all the time for nothing. In our annoyance we decided that we would just leave it as it and not have them come.


Well the other night we were getting ready for bed and I notice a "dead" spider on the floor. So I got into the living room and say "Jared did you kill that spider in the bathroom and just leave it there? because that's not funny!" *I'm so scared of spiders...especially ones that can kill me haha* Jared said "What spider?" and comes to investigate. Turns out this nasty giant spider was trying to shed it's skin in my bathroom by the toilet! It was on it's back with it's legs curled, that is why I thought it was dead but spiders do that when they are going to molt. They never just flip over like that just because. Jared being the kind of guy he is, thinks he needs to poke at it. So he gets a push pin and starts to mess with it. As soon as it turned over Jared says "Holy Crap! I think that's a brown recluse!" So he puts it in a shot glass so he can get confimation of what it was. If you don't know anything about brown recluse spiders they are venoumous. If they bite you, you can't feel it but you start to get this deep red sore that continues to burrow down into your skin so you have an open flesh wound. It heals VERY slowly if at all. Bad deal! So between black widows and the brown recluse we opted to have the fumigators come again and do the process all over again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that on your facebook. I HATE spiders and our friends we are staying at had these two HUGE spiders. James quickly killed them but NAAASTY! I can't believe they didnt' tell you that they didn't fumigate yet. I would have been pissed! Good luck with your spider ordeal. UGHA!

Brittney said...

I was reading this post with Jourdon on my lap and the spider picture was up. He sat there for a second staring at the spider and then said mom take that thing off it is scaring me and making me cold. Sounds like what I had to deal with in Idaho Falls with the hobo spiders only when I told the landlord they said to just buy sticky traps. I hope they got it taken care of.