CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pride and Embarrassment..

Have you ever listened to our National Anthem and shed a tear? Yeah I'm that girl.

After Jared's tour in Iraq I have become quite a softy. When the deployment started, I said goodbye and left before the ship left the port. I couldn't bear watching him float away from me. I did really well on the drive home, I only choked up once. I felt like I had to be strong for Mellisa because she hadn't been with Luke long and I didn't want to break down. When I got home I woke Tico up and then crawled into bed and broke down. The rest of the deployment was overall breezy, very little break downs. Well now that Jared is home, I am the biggest softy! I cry when I see other people cry, hear a sad song, the military presentation at the Shamu show at Sea World, See our beautiful nation's flag blowing in a breeze. *Yes I cry about that. haha I'm lame* Basically everything, it's embarassing. It's so wierd to me though because I didn't cry at my high school graduation, my wedding, or when I moved to California. It all started after I got here.

Point is...there is this country station that I like to listen to here in San Diego called KSON. Every morning they have a radio show called Cliff and Company. I have this one morning radio show that I listen to every day but it's on a different station, when they go to commercial I flip through the dial to see if anything is worth listening to while on the break. I time it just right every morning, that when Channel 933 goes on commercial, I flip to KSON and he says "In honor of our military past and present we would like to Present to you our national anthem" Then they play it. Some days its instumental, other days there is a singer. Well...I cry like a baby every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be embarassed by this! It is awesome! I although cry all the time. ha Being more involved you could say with the military makes it even more ridiculous! ha Yeah for us softies! :)

Natayle Brown said...

Your comment is so funny... it was you specifically I had in mind when I said "a few other readers can relate" when speaking of being so far away... I feel like I am ALWAYS begging people to come visit us. It's like pulling teeth to get them to visit paradise. Frustrating huh?