CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Washington Trip Part 2

Day 2 of Seattle! 

A giant workable Rubix cube at the pacific science center
 We love our planet!
 The butterfly room was our favorite. 
 This one is actually a Luna moth. Adult Luna moths don't eat...in fact they don't even have a mouth. They only live for a week and their only purpose is to mate. They only fly at night so after leaving their cocoon they find a tree to perch on to let blood fill into their wings so they can even fly. It was rare to see this beauty. 

 I just LOVE butterflies
He was on my finger :)
 The vibrations from this guitar was incredible to hear from the inside
 Now this is a chess set! 
 Bwahahaha this blower was so funny! I loved it. 
 You couldn't breathe when your face was directly in the air flow
 Our second Trip up the space needle. Did you know that the space needle wasn't the structure's original name? 
The city day time
 520 feet above the city 

After the space needle we went to Pike Place Market to look around at the famous market place. Of course one of the main attractions for me was the original starbucks location 
The original logo back when the siren was still a hussy.
There was a huge line into the building. Starbucks first opened in 1971 in Seattle’s historic Pike Place Market. Today,more than 15,000 stores in 50 countries are sharing amazing coffee. As much as I love Starbucks...the best tasting that I ever had was truly in Seattle where it was opened. 
 The next attraction on the list was the famous gum wall. There is one other gum wall in San Luis Obispo CA. 
Parts of the wall are covered several inches thick, 15 feet high, for 50 feet long. The wall is by the box office for the market theatre, and the tradition began around 1993 when patrons of the Unexpected Productions; seattle theatresports stuck gum to the wall and placed coins in the gum blobs. Theatre workers scraped the gum away twice, but eventually gave up after market officials deemed the gum wall a tourist attraction around 1999. 

 
 Who can forget the famous fish throwers of Seattle. They were fun to watch. 
 These giant pigs are all over the place, they are actually piggy banks :)
I bought my sister this beautiful bouquet of flowers at the market. She deserved them
The night before we went to seattle I was on my ipad looking for attractions that we could go see. We stumbled across this baby sized burrito place on Goby. They are a healthy mexican food restaurant called Gordito's. They have this Burrito Grande that is literally the size of a newborn baby. Of course we had to go try one :)
This was while it was cooking. Check out the tortilla compared to the normal sized ones next to it. 
 :)
 This isn't just an illusion. it was literally the length of my forearm. 
It was delicious!

After our Seattle adventure we spent a day at the ocean. I made me miss it so much. 
What a little Cracker! :)
Doing a little wave Jumping
Oh look the boys found a crab 
The waves
Breezy Day. I had to take my earings off because they kept whipping me 

I did a cut and color on Ashley before I left. It was so pretty. 

I had such a good vacation. Thank you Ashley for having me. 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love your pictures!! :) It looks like you had a Blast visiting your sister!!